dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I'm a 23 years old male, Indian origin, having a slightly

Customer Question

hi Pearl, I'm a 23 years old male, Indian origin, having a slightly Itchy, dry and scaly scalp since 2-3 years. I'd visited many dermatologists and this is what they say., one of them working as assistant prof in hospital attached with medical college says that it is psoriasis of the scalp and prescribed IONAX-T (coal tar with salicyclic acid based shampoo). so when I'm using it, the scales and the symptoms are decreased , but later revert back when i stop the medication. so what is the permanent solution to it.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: 2 years.. when i oil my hair and go out in sun the itchiness increases.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: The scales are like huge,,. and when I shaved of my head a year ago there was these patches on the scalps, mostly in the occiputal region.. so my family members noticed and said me.. and even the barbar!!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for this question

Do you have a picture?