Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

Possibly inhaled something in an old straw house with rodent

Customer Question

Possibly inhaled something in an old straw bale house with rodent droppings and bird stuff...I have been itchy for over three weeks. Bumps showing up on my arms...two three, going away. My wrist, my back. Sometimes psoriasis symptoms on my elbow and then it goes away. It started on my chest, now has settled on my back...drving me crazy! I am very healthy. My nipples are also often hard and sore? Any insights? Not on my groin, not above my shoulders, not on my feet, a little on my legs...but not bad.
JA: The Dermatologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I have no other symptoms...possibly a little lung tightness...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also the water that I bathed in had been sitting in big plastic tanks in the sun for years. It made me itchy when I bathed in it. I was at this job site for five weeks.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
some of the bumps that come up seem to settle in and turn pimple like and stay for a while. Particularly on the inside of my wrists I am getting some hard little bumps, tiny, in a row! They often go away
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 4 months ago.

• This could be an allergic reaction, chemical irritation or an infective process from the environment you have been exposed to for that long. A combination of all these is possible as well. This seems to also involve your lungs.
  • You need to be checked out, either an an emergency room or preferably your family doctor if you can get in soon. You will need direct exam, chest xray and blood tests. The possibilities need to be narrowed down before proper treatment can be considered
  • If other coworkers also have the same issue, then this will need to be reported to the local health authorities so they can investigate the environment and prevent further spread of the problem.

If this answers your question, please complete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service. You may still email me with questions on this after the rating. Best wishes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you! I am waiting for health care coverage which will be activated in three weeks...I appreciate your insights and I figured you wouldn't have an easy answer for me. It is mostly affecting my sleep! Have a great day!

Yes, you are correct. We can only offer advise and insight here. Just, don't sit on it. It is always best if it's recognized and treated early