DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I have a large poison ivy rash and am curious to know what

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a large poison ivy rash and am curious to know what the fading from bright red to purple/blue means regarding the state of the rash?
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I'm on day 9. Blisters at this point are mostly all scabed over or healed (there's one on my hand that has not). The specific purple/blue area I mentioned is on my hip creases/low belly, thought I have it in patches on my belly, chest, and arms. I washed with Zanfel on day 6, and had been dealing with it otherwise using cool oatmeal baths, Caladryl, and jewel weed ice cubes. I am also pregnant and in my third trimester. I have not taken any steroids or antihistamines.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: That's all I can think of at the moment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.

Hello

This indicates healing most likely.

Please attach a picture here and I can give you a more certain answer.

I am a double board certified US doctor with over 20 years of clinical experience.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good to know! I will let you know if I have any other questions.

Please click a positive rating at the top of the page.

That is the only way we get paid, and bonuses.

Per rating.

Thanks.

Find me as needed.

Hi

There is not necessarily anything wrong medically.

If it disturbs you, then there can be a psychological problem.

If you have no sexual interest, this can be normal, or, it can be a hormonal problem in many cases.

However, there are many variables, and one can not say this is abnormal or wrong.

This would be something to discuss with your doctor.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/