DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.

Past years Ive had something spreading over mu face. It

Customer Question

For the past years Ive had something spreading over mu face. It startes as a dime size itchy spot with light grayish edges over my right jawbone. It has taken over the entire right side of my face. It was pretty inflamed to the point you could no longer see the edges that were once there. I went to a derm when it was just red all over the right side and he thought it looked the way rosacea does when its starting. He put me on doxy for 2 montha. However it made it worse. It now spread to the left size of my face, again starting as a dime size itchy spot wth graish edgea over the jawbone. I can see on this side that the single itchy circle is spreading into other somewhat circular spots. I seem to be able to calm the redness and itching with anything antugungal like a zinc shampoo over the affected areas of the face. When the rednesa calms down I see an irregular white/discolored area appear. I believe its some type of fungus that I left untreated for 10 years, but now that I have found some topical antigungals that seem to calm it down, I havent been able to completely get rid of it. Is there anytjing I can do to actually cure whatever is spreading on my face? Also i have pictures to upload if needdd.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Added some pics brlow of the right side
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

It can still be rosacea.

The way to find out now is to send a sample of this to the lab.

Then you are not guessing with treatment, fungal or otherwise.

Metrogel is a very good topical for this.

Assuming it is rosacea.

In any case, I would not keep treating it yourself, go to your doctor, get a swab or sample sent to the lab.

The pics do not look like fungal infection, nor psoriasis or eczema.

In fact, this appears to be flushed skin more than anything, which is typical of rosacea.

I would suggest that you work with a derm doc, WITH follow up.

And that metrogel would work.

Right now, your picture does not look particularly abnormal.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here