Ashley Mires
Ashley Mires,
Experience:  Internist at Chest & Critical Care Consultants

I have a spot on my inner thigh just above my knee that is

Customer Question

I have a spot on my inner thigh just above my knee that is red, tender, and a little bit puffy. It is also itchy but doesn't feel like a bug bite or a typical rash. (I will attach a picture). I have anxiety about DVT and I want to be sure this isn't indicative about that.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. Dr. Mires here to help answer your question.

Could I first ask some questions to obtain further information? How old are you, do you have any history of DVT and have you had any traumatic injuries recently (falls, a car accident, etc.). How long have you had this red, tender spot on your inner thigh? Does it itch?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you! It has been tender and a bit itchy for a couple of days but just noticed the redness today. It does itch, but it feels like it itches under the skin... not like a typical bug bite, etc.I am 34. No recent injuries or travel.I was diagnosed with DVT at 10 weeks postpartum but it was determined 2 weeks later to be misdiagnosis. Still a work up was done and no clotting issues were found. It has left me with anxiety about developing DVT, though.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a bit puffy too
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Maybe a better picture of redness
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just making sure that you received my earlier responses. Thank you!