Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I'm 28 yr old female.. On my inner thigh/groin area I have

Customer Question

Hi! I'm 28 yr old female.. On my inner thigh/groin area I have developed spots, they are just a darker pigmentation than my normal color. They are not raised, and they do not irritate me. One appeared about a year ago and since more have slowly showed up. Any insight is appreciated!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Can you please attach a picture or two here for me to have a look at and to be able to give you a better opinion.
Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, considering the area that's the best I can get. Hope it helps! Thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I should mention, I had a baby in September of 2014, one spot was there, and I asked my Obgyn about it, but she brushed it off and said its nothing to worry about
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your response.

Can you please get me a few more pictures with better lighting, some a little more zoomed in and some with better lighting.

I would appreciate that.

Thank you

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 months ago.

I will answer your question now based on the image that you have provided.

You are most likely having what is called as Tinea versicolor.

This is a fungal infection of the skin and forms oval or round patches on the skin like what you are having at the moment.

This can be simply treated with over-the-counter topical applications like monistat skin cream applied two to three times a day for five to seven days.

Fungal infections of the skin happen very commonly in people who sweat a lot and tend to happen more commonly in Summer season as fungi love to grow on moist skin.

It is something very common and nothing to worry about.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards