DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.

My hair is falling out. Taken several blood tests all

Customer Question

my hair is falling out. Taken several blood tests all normal, my thyroid levels low but between the range. Seen dermatologist, gyn, endocrinologist and internal medicine they all ordered blood work that does not reveal anything. Im 58 years old
JA: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?
Customer: levels checked last month. Hair starting falling since march. Weight remains the same
JA: Is there anything else the Dermatologist should be aware of?
Customer: not really, dermatologist thought that because I had the flu back in February it could be the reason for my hair falling out, she ordered a very expensive blood work, my ferrentin levels were low I took iron, levels are normal now and still hair is falling out so she had no answers for me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your situation. Is it possible for you to post your lab results here? Because once you post those values, i will know what possibilities have already been ruled out. If you cant post the results, can you mention what blood work the endocrinologist and internal medicine physicians ordered? the names of the tests?

Ill be awaiting your response.

This is NOT an answer, only an INFORMATION REQUEST.

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

If your thyroid is low, this explains ther problem.

Your TSH, optimally should be in the range of .8 to 1.

This is verified by studies in treated patients.

It should not be left untreated with these symptoms.

Find out what your TSH is.

Get treatment for the thyroid problem.

Please click a positive rating on this post.

Come back as needed.