Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I have some bumps on penis and I'm not sure if they're an

Customer Question

I have some bumps on penis and I'm not sure if they're an STD or not.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: No they don't hurt. I noticed them yesterday afternoon after receiving oral sex, it was pretty rough and vigorous, so I wasn't sure if it was just brought on by too much friction. They're skin colored, haven't gotten bigger in 24 hours, there's about three of them in a line and a fourth below those three.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I had a pretty bad yeast infection recently that was clearing up, but after yesterday, I have a red rash on the tip of penis, which looks like yeast infections I've gotten before. I had unprotected vaginal sex 2 weeks ago, so that's why I was wondering if the bumps were the first sign of herpes or not.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Could you attach a close-up picture of these bumps?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sure, they're the little red bumps just below my foreskin. Hope the photo is clear enough
Thank you for the picture. These bumps do not look worrisome for any STDs. They look like irritated skin sweat glands. This can occur from vigorous sex, whether oral or penile-vaginal sex. There is nothing that needs to be done for these bumps other than regular cleaning. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at