DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

I have a small spot on my left bicep about half the size of

Customer Question

I have a small spot on my left bicep about half the size of a pencil eraser. It has been there for about 3-4 weeks. No pain, no raised skin or peeling. It looks red or maybe like a bruise but it's not. 3 pictures included. I am not out in the sun often at all but I do work out and wondering if it was maybe a fungus or something. What is it and what should I do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.
can you attach a picture?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

There are only 3 pictures, not sure why they are showing 3 times each

Thanks for this questionIt looks like an allergy or bug bite actuallyit doesn't look worrisome at all.I would leave it alone and see what it doeslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything I can take for it? At what point should I do something about it, symptom wise? How long before it doesn't go away before I see a dermatologist? I just don't want to miss anything if it isn't a bite or allergy. It's been 4 weeks like I said.

I would give it another 2-3 weeks.If it is fading, you are fineI wouldn't take anything for itjust let it be
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If nothing changes then see a dermatologist or take something?
See a dermatologist. There is nothing to take if there are no symptoms
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Last question. Does that look like something that could be some kind of skin cancer? That's really my biggest worry
I highly highly doubt cancer
thanks for this questionplease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)if you have more questions, just reply