Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have cheilistis and nothing seems to be working. The

Customer Question

I have cheilistis and nothing seems to be working. The doctor originally said I had lichen planus but now reading about cheilisitis it only flares up when I am in the wind and sun. Any suggestions?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

I think you have developed this due to dryness after exposure to wind. As this is acute i would suggest you to apply soothing lip balm and sunscreen over it. Take vitamin B supplement. You do not need topical steroids just moisturize your lips with coconut oil. If there are no visible lesion then possibility of lichen planus is less. If symptoms does not improve you might need biopsy for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.