DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.

Someone with crusted lesion of labial herpes kissed me on

Customer Question

Someone with crusted lesion of labial herpes kissed me on the cheek on May 6th. After that, my lips were burning everywhere almost every day til now but i didn't have any lesion on the lips. I slept with my boyfriend on May 13th but we didn't kiss on the lips, only on the cheeks. The day after, i felt pain on my chin and had an aphtous ulcer under the tongue. Next day, had kind of acnea on the chin where the pain was. 2 days after, had another aphtous ulcer inside lip.
I joined pictures of those 3 things.
Pain of both ulcers last for 2 days. Today, my boyfriend has a throat pain and headache... His 2 sons begin an upper respiratory tract infection.
So, my questions are : do you think i have herpes ? Do you think the throat pain of my boyfriend can be the primo-infection ? Can we know with a viral culture of his throat ?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.
Hifirst, you would not get herpes of the lips from someone kissing you on the cheek.Burning without lesions is not herpes.The ulcers inside the mouth are more likely canker sores, and are harmless.They can be swabbed for the lab.There is no value to a throat culture. Unless looking for strep. And, he should have a rapid strep test, given the headache.In addition, over 80% of the adult population has herpes type 1. Most simply never have an outbreak.It is not some horrible disease and over 90% of people fight off the virus. Let me know if you have more questions.Please click a positive rating. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers