Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

I have a sore right foot. I had some dead skin on my foot which

Customer Question

I have a sore right foot. I had some dead skin on my foot which i pealed off which left a
very red mark (or wound). I think that it got infected. I put some ointment on it which did
not help at all. The red area spread to about a 1/3rd of my foot but only on the top of the
foot. It is painful and hard to walk on. I am now using a cane. What can I do for relief of the paid? Most of the red has gone but the pain stays on.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.
GreetingsPersistent pain with this history indicates a persistent infecdtion and an underlaying problemThere is a significant concern about a deep infection involving the bone or deep abscess. Both require immediate attention and proper treatment, OR it will get complicatedYou need to go to the Emergency room tonight The pain will not resolve before the infection is treated.
If this satisfies your question, please complete the stars rating above. This is how we get credit for the service. You may still email me with question on this topic after the rating. Best wishes