dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a recurring scab on my scalp.

Customer Question

I have a recurring scab on my scalp.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthis scab could be a skin infection or fungal infection or psoriasis or possibly an early skin cancer.you need to see a doctor to get a skin biopsy of your scalp to help with diagnosis.do you have a primary care doctor to see?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a photo for you to also look at.
that looks like it could be a bug bite or a skin infection or possibly an early skin cancer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've had this for years so it's certainly not a bug bite. It periodically scabs over. What skin infections exactly are you suspecting? I do have a pcp but am extremely busy traveling with work so making an appointment right now is impossible.
well, if you don't see a doctor and get a skin culture and biopsy, most likely it won't healit hasn't healed so farit could be an early skin cancer.skin bacterial infections or MRSA skin infections can keep the area from healing properly.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The thing is it does heal. Then scabs again. Then heals and scabs again. This has been going on for years like I said. Are you for real a physician because I work in healthcare and MRSA without antibiotics would get worse. This never gets worse. Specifically, what are the names of some skin conditions that it could possibly be? You keep staring early skin cancer. I would think if it were cancer it would've a: grown b: changed shape and/or color c: not been hanging around doing the same thing for YEARS. The information you are providing is very vague and not helpful.