Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

My right elbow is swelling up....feels and looks like a half

Customer Question

My right elbow is swelling up....feels and looks like a half of an egg of fluid is in there. Don't remember bumping it. Doesn't hurt. Curious what it may be and when/if I should have it checked.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.
GreetingsYes, you should have it checked, though not urgently. You can try to see your family doctor tomorrow, and if not possible, go to an urgent care center. This could be blood, and the question is why? Your elbow needs to be xrayed and the swelling might need to be tapped with a needle for analysis and culture.Let me know if you need any further clarification
If this answers your question, please complete the stars rating above. This is how we get credit for the service. You may still email me with questions on this topic after rating. Best wishes
This could also be a cyst, a sack full of clear fluid, which is typically benign and can be surgically removed, or just drained with the needle