Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Ive had an STD test and it cane back clean, even had a doctor

Customer Question

Ive had an STD test and it cane back clean, even had a doctor look at these bumps, he only took a breif look, and said there shaving related. Im beggining to doubt the diagnosis and thought he was much to passive.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...Possibility of genital warts should be ruled out .Often blood test is used to detect it , you should specifically ask your dr whether you have been tested for genital warts or not .If yes and blood test is negative than you should go for direct visualization of tissue for biopsy that will diagnose it exactly .Good luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can i send a picture?
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.
Yes please upload ..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here are a few
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.
This doesn't seems to be genital warts and this could be shaving related he might be right .If you test are negative than relax , this will go away .Good luck .Positive rating will be appreciated .Thanks .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He only did a urine test. Any idea of what it is?! I will for surely give you a positive rating
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.
Urine test may detect some infections but not STD .If you want to be sure about STD get complete screening through blood test for that .Regards .
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.
The system says that you have requested the opinion of another expert. I agree that the pictures do not look like genital warts and is more likely a reaction to shaving. I disagree with his last statement that urine tests will not detect STDs. There are tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia that can be done on urine samples, and are one of the preferred methods for testing for gonorrhea and chlamydia. He is correct, though, that there are many STDs that are tested for using blood tests. Is there any other information that you are seeking?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are bumps higher up on my shaft where i do not shave and that is what has prompted my worry
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anything i should apply to elevate this?
I do not see any abnormal bumps on the shaft. There are some bumps from prominent sweat glands, but these are considered normal. I assume that you mean alleviate. The most important intervention is regular cleaning. Adding a moisturizing cream can be soothing and promote healing.
Please let me know if I can provide any clarification.