Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)

So... um... i have a chemical burn on my vagina... i used cold

Customer Question

so... um... i have a chemical burn on my vagina... i used cold water (which burned for a while) then applied aloe vera (which was excruciating.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: i went against all logic and used nair on my vagina and wiped it off and noticed that it looked 3 shades darker, I learned that it is a chemical burn and looked up how to make the color go back. I used the cold water and aloe vera but I feel like I should be doing more, or should I just let it rest?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no, I think that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Welcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern How long back this happened?Do you have severe pain?Have you developed bumps/ blisters?Do you have fever? Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This happened less than an hour ago
I wouldn't say the pain is severe. It hurt some when I put water on it, and it hurt a lot with the aloe vera but not enough to make me cry. Right now it feels almost the same, just a tiny bit tingly, but barely noticeable.
I don't have any bumps or blisters
I feel fine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will the burn always be there now though?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.
Dear,Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems. Firstly, you should make sure that the area is clean. You can clean it gently with soap and water. You should use cool running water for first 10 or 15 minutes. If you develop small blisters ,then leave them alone, you should not not break them open as it can increase risk of infection. If the affected part is weeping, then you can apply a non-stick bandage with antibiotic ointment. If area is dry, then i advise you to triple antibiotic cream. You should apply Bacitracin ointment to the affected areas twice a day for 5-7 days ( available as OTC) on affected part. You can take Motrin for pain.It may take some time, for burn spots, to go away.Please follow measures, as advised in this post. If you develop increasing redness/pain/tense blisters or weeping of the area, then please get it checked from your doctor right away.I wish for your good health. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 5 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: I am a Dermatologist by profession and I would be in a better position to help you in your query. Would you like me to help or answer further ? Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic