Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My big toenail is turning blue and is getting sore. I had

Customer Question

My big toenail is turning blue and is getting sore. I had no bruise that I know of.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidare you on blood thinners? this can cause bleeding and bruising easilyyou may have hit your toes during the night when you were sleeping.do you have diabetes?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not on blood thinners and don't have diabetes. It is definitely worsening over the last couple days. It doesn't hurt around the toe though it is turning reddish. The nail part is tender to the touch.
it sounds like a bleed or bruise under the nailthis can happen if a blood vessel breaks under the toe nailthe blood and bruising can look red and blueas we all get older, we all have more frail blood vessels which can burst and breaktry some ice on the toethat is good it doesn't hurt.you can show it to your doctor.but most likely just from a broken blood vessel under the toe naillet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com