Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have what I assume is a boil in the genital area. Extremely

Customer Question

I have what I assume is a boil in the genital area. Extremely painful.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Such as...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so. I'm 69 years old and have never had something like this before.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry you have a boil in your genital areait sounds like it could be could be an infected ingrown hair or an infected sebaceous cyst or an infected bartholins gland if you are a might need for the boil to be lanced by a doctor to drain out infections and go on a course of oral should see a doctor at the ER or your primary care doctor to look at the areado you have a primary care doctor?at age 69, you should have medicare health insurancelet me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will call my doctor. Thought there might be a quick fix!
you can use warm compresses on the areasometimes that can help open up skin pores and allow the infection to come out of the boil.some boils can get better on their own, but most need to be lanced and cut open and drained for them to get better.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using