dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I have an infected white head/black head JA: OK. The Dermatologist

Customer Question

I have an infected white head/black head
JA: OK. The Dermatologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Dermatologist can help you best.
Customer: it was a white bump for a while like 6 months above my lip- then it got read and puffier so I poked at it with a pin then it turned yellow and infected looking. like a pimple that needs popped but with a black dot in the middle. help!
JA: Is there anything else the Dermatologist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is D. Davidinfected looking doesn't sound need to see a doctor face to face to see if you need a course of antibiotics and antibiotic cream on the area like bactroban to fight the infectionyou could have a skin bacterial infection like a staph or strep skin infection.we can't give out prescriptions to clients over the you have a photo of the area you can upload so I can better help you?