Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I have just treated genital wart with acv, i just wanted to

Customer Question

I have just treated genital wart with acv, i just wanted to confirm if the skin is still contagious even after the wart falls off and when is it safe to start having sex, I also have tinny bloody spot on the scrotrum and it doesnt look like wart, I don't know what they are, should i be worried.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Salama MDYes, unfortunately you will still be contagious even after the wart has been treated and disappears. Since, it's a virus that you will always have you can still pass it to others at any time. About 80% carry the HPV virus with some manifesting into genital warts while others remain asymptomatic. As for the tiny bloody spot on your scrotum, it would be difficult for me to say what it is without seeing it so posting a picture would be helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Any other questions?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your answer, I've attached a picture of the tiny bloody spots, is there any helpful information you can provide regarding the hpv virus? Does it mean my partner is already infected? While having the virus is it possible to be reinfected again ? Thank you.
The bloody spots are consistent with genital warts as well. As for the HPV virus, it does not mean that your partner is already infected but it's likely. I think what you mean by reinfected is if it's possible that you will manifest warts again in the future. Yes that's possible but it may flare up once every few years or so.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Wow! I never thought the bloody spots was warts too, please what are the health risk I should be aware of? Since I read that hpv is there anyway to prevent infecting someone else
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** actually thought the bloody spots was warts too, please what are the health risk I should be aware of that is associated with this warts outbreak/hpv? Any suggestions on how I can prevent further complications? Since I read that hpv has no cure is there anyway to prevent infecting someone else as condoms won't seem to help much. I'm even more worried now, do you think it will be a good idea to try and treat the bloody spots looking warts since the area is also very sensitive. ?