Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

I have just treated genital wart with acv, i just wanted to

Customer Question

I have just treated genital wart with acv, i just wanted to confirm if the skin is still contagious even after the wart falls off and when is it safe to start having sex, I also have tinny bloody spot on the scrotrum and it doesnt look like wart, I don't know what they are, should i be worried.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.There is no clear cut time period of infectivity with genital warts. That said visible genital warts are most commonly by HPV Types 6 and 11. These types of viruses do not commonly establish long term infection (called ‘latent’ infection) and once the warts are removed if no new warts appear for 6 months or more it is safe to assume that the wart virus has been cleared and you are not infectious anymore.Please feel free to ask if you have any queries