DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I'm Feeling a large lump on my lower back on the right side

Customer Question

I'm Feeling a large lump on my lower back on the right side that moves
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I've been having lower back pain for awhile now. Just thought it was normal wear and tear on my 53 year old body. But I just found a large lump that moves around near my spine on the right side. It's a little sore if I really mess with it but initially it doesn't hurt when I touch it.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: The right side of my lower abdomen feels like I'm pulling a muscle when i stretch
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have a picture that you could send me on here.Regards
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 9 months ago.
HiYour description fits a lipoma perfectly.This is a benign fatty tumor, which does not have to be removed unless it is causing pain.Another possibility is a sebaceous cyst.I am glad to look at a photo, but your doctor will have to confirm a diagnosis as we do not diagnose on line.A lipoma can not be 100% diagnosed with a photo, it must be felt.Sometimes ultrasound is needed.Also true of a cyst.Find me anytime, Dr. thomas, double board certified US doctor.Please click a positive on this answer page if you want me to be credited.