How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 44458
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I keep getting these 1 off spots on my chin that are painful

Customer Question

I keep getting these 1 off spots on my chin that are painful and they feel like they are full of something and when I try to squeeze them (which I know I shouldn't) they just weep fluid. I don't have acne the rest of my skin is clear. I'm 40 years old and these have only started about 6 months ago. they seem to pop up in the same or similar place. what are they, and how can I get rid of them?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: like what?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidcan you upload a clear jpg photo of the face and spot on your chin so I can better help you?here are intructions.type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
pictures attached thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
that doesn't look like acneit could be a skin fungal infection or eczema or bacterial skin infection.what are you putting on it?the photos are not very clear.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am using benzoyl peroxide. the spot starts off smallish then starts to blister and spread. it never has a yellow head on it but feels like its full of something nasty.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
it doesn't look like typical may be a skin bacterial infection.I would see a doctor and get a skin culture to check for bacterial infection of the skinyou might need stronger antibiotic ointments like mupirocin (bactroban) and oral antibitoics to help clear it updo you have a doctor you can see or a dermatologist who can do a skin culture?