Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I have small lumps on my scrotum and shaft of my penis they

Customer Question

I have small lumps on my scrotum and shaft of my penis they aren't itchy but sometimes they do get itchy. Not uncomfortable or oozing any liquid however when I squeeze one it hurts and oozes clear liquid. What could this be?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.How long have you had these lumps?Could you attach a picture of the lumps?
I had asked for a picture and have not heard back. The most common cause of lumps on the skin of the scrotum and penis would be from prominent sweat glands. These are called Fordyce spots and are considered a normal variant. If I could say more if a picture could be reviewed.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 7 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Would you like me to answer your query as a Dermatologist? Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thats a picture of them I've had then about 3 weeks now
Thank you so much for the reply sent. These are not Fordyce spots . This is an epidermal cyst that comes up with a follicular infection.It has become a furuncle now which is a larger swelling. This can be treated as follows:Use Cetaphil cleansing lotion to clean the area. Use Neosporin ointment on the area twice a day on the lump for 15 days. This will help treat the area and solve your problem. Do let me know if you have any further queries.
Thank you so much for the reply sent.These are not Fordyce spots .This is an epidermal cyst that comes up with a follicular infection.It has become a furuncle now which is a larger swelling. This can be treated as follows:Use Cetaphil cleansing lotion to clean the area.Use Neosporin ointment on the area twice a day on the lump for 15 days.This will help treat the area and solve your problem. Do let me know if you have any further queries.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So I have a few of them over my scrotum do I just treat the whole area the same?
Yes , this has to be treated all together the same method. Do not squeeze the area. Do let me know if you have any further queries. RegardsDr Pravin
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 6 months ago.
HelloPlease do let me know if you still have your concern. I am awaiting a message from you .I would be happy to help you