Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I'm getting upper skin surface red spots all the time. I

Customer Question

I'm getting upper skin surface red spots all the time. I scratch in the middle of the night and I have trails of upper surface blood spots. I bump into something and I get a huge splotch that could last for a month or two
JA: Some people call these cosmetic matters as if they don't matter at all. I believe how you look matters a lot and that our Expert will help you sort out whatever you are worried about. Is there anything else important you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: It's only on my forearms
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.
This is Dr Davidhow old are you?do you take blood thinners like coumadin or aspirin?you should see a doctor and get blood test to check your platelets and your coagulation times, PT/PTT/INR and liver enzymes to see why you are bleeding and bruising so easily.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm 54 years old, female, and have a long history of low blood count. Anemia that ranges from 6.2 to 10. It's hard to deal with, but seeing it possibly show up on the outside is disturbing. Makes me look like I have a contagious disease
you need to see a hematologist to get your blood counts checkedand to get blood testing for clotting disorders.you could have a bone marrow condition causing thishave you consulted with a hematologist before for testing?