Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD

Skin bruises and purple spots JA: OK. The Doctor will need

Customer Question

Skin bruises and purple spots
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: On my arm above the left wrist I continually have large blotches of purple appearing to be broken capillaries Ind the skin. What MEDS are available to help this condition??
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Bruises are commonly caused by the blood thinning medications like aspirin, plavix etc.Other possibilities include:1. Clotting factor deficiency --von Willebrand for example3. Liver disease4. Kidney disease5. Vitamin C and K deficiency6. Malignancies --bone marrow involvement.You should increase vitamin C intake 250 mg daily, and more green leafy vegetables for vitamin K.Apply moisturizer on the skin --Eucerin is a good one.Please see a hematologist for further evaluation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: