Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I have a few bumps on the shaft of my penis. I have no Idea

Customer Question

I have a few bumps on the shaft of my penis. I have no Idea what they could be. can you help?
/
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Since how long you have these bumps on shaft of penis?Are you sexually active?Is these bumps painful?Any discharge?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They seem to itch, and i am not sexually active, no discharge
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But not itch all the time so it could be in my head .I have added a picture
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for the quick reply & uploading the pictures. Also I want to know:Since how long you have these bumps on shaft of penis?Is these bumps painful?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They have been there maybe a few days, they do not hurt
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you get the pictures ?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for the quick reply.I have received both the pictures.Please wait for the answer.It may take upto 3-5 minutes.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for staying online. The two pictures you have send & the symptoms you have described of painless bumps on shaft of penis since last few days is most likely because of a condition called fordyce's spot.They are painless bumps but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted – which they are not! They are abnormally dilated blood vessels, covered by thickened skin. Another possibility is of angiofibromas. They are Pearly papules & are not infectious and require no treatment. Both the conditions are self limiting & don't require any treatment & it is not an STD.So bot***** *****ne is that there is nothing concern about these bumps on shaft of penis.Nothing to worry.Just keep an eye of observation.They usually resolve on its own within few days to weeks. Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 7 months ago.