Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems

I have these freckles that when irritated turn into hives,

Customer Question

hi, i have these freckles that when irritated turn into hives, weirdly enough the freckles multiply and can manifest from acute pressure like pinches and then become permanent. once irritated my skin will be irritated for weeks and sometimes months and react in hives at the smallest of causes', for example heat and dampness or a stress response and even friction and scratching.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
here is a picture of my wrist all of these freckles turn into giant blotchy hives
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 5 months ago.
I advise you to see a dermatologist as I suspect that you need a skin biopsy. Cutaneous mastocytosis is a possible concern to your case .Exam and biopsy is what I would recommend as next steps for you.
Symptoms may be somewhat relieved by treating with antihistamines ( Benadryl 25 to 50 mg bedtime ) Zyrtec 10 mg AM