dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

25 yr old male. Hardish Nickel size bump on skin on side of

Customer Question

25 yr old male. Hardish Nickel size bump on skin on side of chin. Thought it was an ingrown hair or pimple but it won't pop and has been there for 2-3 weeks. Smooth surface and skin color.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Is there anything visible on the surface? If so, could you attach a picture of the bump?The system says that you would like a phone call, and it will be better if I can first review a picture if there is anything visible on the surface.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Would you like me to answer your query as a Dermatologist? Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached are pictures of the bump.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for the photos sent. This is a Furuncle which is an inflammation of the hair follicles in the beard area. This can be treated as follows:You can apply over the counter neosporin ointment on the area three times a day for 15 days. You can take otc Tylenol once at night to reduce the inflammation for 10 days. You may need an oral antibiotic course for 5 days to eliminate the bacteria within and remove the swelling. Do let me know if you have any further queries.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am still awaiting a response from you . I would be happy to help. RegardsDr Pravin
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am still awaiting a response from you .I would be happy to help.RegardsDr Pravin