Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

My daughter has this rash on her elbows and thighs. It is very

Customer Question

My daughter has this rash on her elbows and thighs. It is very visible on her elbows and its itchy. It has started to turn into sores because of her scratching. Do you have any clue what it might be??
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: The bumps are raised. Real bumpy on the elbows. The leg bumps are real spread out. The ones one her knees are clustered like the elbow
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have given her benadryl, triple antibiotic cream. I just don't know. Is it possibly a bite or something?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 7 months ago.
Hello!It sounds that she may have a case of ECZEMA as the case of her rash...This is a combination of DRY and hypersensitive skin.. giving an allergy like response...She may respond to a combination of a moisturizing lotion ( one with aloe is soothing) and a low potency steroid cream such as 1 percent hydrocortisone applied to the rash ( both twice a day ) Sarna lotion for sensitive skin is a good product for this condition..You are welcome to include pictures which may be helpful to solidify the possible diagnosis ..If she does not respond within a week to 2 weeks of treatment OR it is getting worse then she should consult a dermatologist.She also would benefit i think to try an oral antihistamine such as OTC Allegra or Zyrtec ( certrizine) or benedryl ( more drowsiness and needs to be more often with the Benedryl) She should avoid scratching ( rubbing a wet washcloth dipped in ice water is helpful for itching as an alternative to scratching and the cold reduces inflammation... )I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you!If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't understand. You guys just charged my credit card for $5 dollars and you are saying i have to pay an extra $24.00 to get a response???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I only asked one question and i'm yet to get an answer!!
The answer is printed above ....A request was sent to notify of request for possible active phone call...The extra service of a phone call was proposed ...That is up to you..You are welcome to type response only ..Do you see the typed response above ???