dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have had a recurring rash mainly on my ankles few years

Customer Question

I have had a recurring rash mainly on my ankles for a few years now probably around 3 years. Usually starts as red bumps with little blisters and very itchy. It then gets very red and painful and stays itchy. Sometimes even feels like a burn. I have been to the doctor a few times and they prescribed prednisone and steroid cream. This will Clear the rash for quite a while, then it returns. I actually have it currently and is very painful and itchy. Haven't been to the doctor yet this time. Makes it hard to even wear shoes. Can you give me any insight of what may be causing this?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dr abid replied 7 months ago.
Hi there ...Please tell me are you female ?Have you had other issues like Diabetes ?Regards .