dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I scratched off part of a mole. Is this normal? JA: The Doctor

Customer Question

I scratched off part of a mole. Is this normal?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have a mole on my left arm that seems to be flaking
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou can't scratch off a moleif you scratched it off, most likely it wasn't a mole.can you upload a clear jpg photo of what is on your left arm?is this the mole that you think you scratched off?here are instructions on how to upload a clear jpg image from a computer.type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswerhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0