dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

Just recovered from a bladder/kidney infection that

Customer Question

Hello, just recovered from a bladder/kidney infection that was treated in hospital with antibiotics and cleared up clean. During the infection I also got a bad skin rash that according to the urologist was a side effect of the infection.
It has been 4 weeks after the antibiotic treatment but the skin rash has gotten worse, it's on my arms, legs/groin and chest. some spots are 5 x 5 inches big, some smaller.
Different opinions on what it is, eczema or psoriasis. Tried the cortisone creams to no avail..
Untreated the skin dries out and looks like red leather and will flake of some skin.
I have tried every lotion/cream salt baths etc. but nothing seems to work, getting desperate....
What am I fighting? what is the relation with the bladder/ kidney infection?
Thanks for reading...
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidusually prescriptions strengthen steroid creams would tend to help eczema or psoriasisyour rash sounds like it is a case of erythema multiforme skin rash after an infection. you upload a clear jpg photo of your skin rash now?here are instructions.type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer is getting late on the east coast here.if I don't get back to you tonight, I will reply tomorrow early.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Inside elbow
thanks for the photothat looks like bad erythema multiforme which is a result of your recent infectionit can sometimes take weeks to months for this type of infection side effect rash to get the area painful or itchy?you should see a dermatology doctor to make sure you follow up on your rash and that the area heals properly.have you seen a dermatologist yet?