Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I have a mild allergy to fragrance. Should I avoid hair products

Customer Question

I have a mild allergy to fragrance. Should I avoid hair products and skin care that contain essential oils?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthere are many many different types of essential oilsyou may or may not be allergic to themif you don't like the way something smells, then you shouldn't buy it.you should smell first all of the products you buy to see if you like the scent or smell.if your allergy symptoms get worse, you may benefit from seeing an immunology and allergy doctorand getting skin and blood allergy testing to see if you have severe allergic reactions to certain antigens.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 7 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Would you like me to answer your query ? Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes please
I would like some more information first:What are your allergy symptoms to fragrances ?Do you get running nose with dust , pollen and fragrances?
HelloPlease do let me know if you still have your concern. I am awaiting a message from you .I would be happy to help you