Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I have been suffering with ringworm since 2years. i have not

Customer Question

i have been suffering with ringworm since 2years. i have not taken proper care and treatment and now it has grown very badly on my back and on thighs. please help me to cure it
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Could you attach a picture of the bad areas?Which antifungal creams have you tried?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back. When someone is thought to have had ringworm for 2 years, there are a couple options. If it is truly ringworm, then there should be a review of the medicines that have been used for the ringworm. If only weak topical medicines have been used, then a stronger antifungal would be appropriate. if a good topical antifungal have already been used, then the next step would be an oral antifungal medicine. In reality, though, if a good topical antifungal has been tried and failed, then the other option is that this is not ringworm, at all. There are several other conditions can have an appearance similar to ringworm. However, some of the more common conditions that can mimic ringworm are granuloma annulare, nummular eczema, or annular psoriasis. I asked for a picture to consider these other diagnoses. The treatment would vary according to which of the diagnoses are present. If you can provide the further information, I would be glad to provide an additional answer.