khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have a non-itchy rash, primarily on my inside lower left

Customer Question

I have a non-itchy rash, primarily on my inside lower left arm, but a few spots on my other arm, legs and trunk. It has been here three weeks. Should I be concerned?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.
Can you attach the photos here? Is it getting worse? Any medical problems? Any medications? Any family medical history?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is not getting worse. I take aspirin and vitamins only. I had a provoked deep vein thrombosis a year ago. I have an 18 month old baby and I am nursing.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It surfaced the Monday after a weekend I spent at a hotel where I used a new soap and shampoo. But I would have thought it would have resolved if it was a contact dermatitis?
It seems to be allergic reaction to something. You should apply over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream there. It is not transferred into the milk. You don't need to worry it.