Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have small white raised bumps on my shoulders, chest, and

Customer Question

I have small white raised bumps on my shoulders, chest, and shoulder blades. When squeezed they pop and pus comes out, but then they swell and get very red. They are not itchy.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have any pictures that you could attach here.I would appreciate that.Regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have any pictures. the bumps are very small maybe 1 mm across and are everywhere especially on my shoulders. Again they can be popped and when they are a good amount of pus comes out but at the same time it doesn't look like acne. The bumps can mostly be seen in direct light and aren't red.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Is it possible for you to take some pictures and send them to me on here because without pictures it would be tough for me to give you an opinion.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
these are the pics, i popped a bunch of the just now but there are still some deep, the red marks are from popping and are not usually there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you tell what it is?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the additional information.You are most likely having what is called as keratosis pilaris.This is a harmless condition that is actually considered by many as a normal skin variation.The condition happens due to excessive accumulation of keratin a protective protein in your skin. When it accumulates, keratin blocks hair follicles and forms the scaly, acne-like bumps, which measure about 1 mm to 2 mm.There are many things that you can try to help improve the appearance of your skin.I am giving you a link to read up things on it and let me know if you require more information or do not understand what it is: me know if you have more questions.Sorry for the delayed response.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its not keratosis pilaris, a doctor already ruled that out.