Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I had unprotected sex a week ago, today i noticed many small

Customer Question

i had unprotected sex a week ago, today i noticed many small red spots on the head of my penis
JA: OK. The Dermatologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Dermatologist can help you best.
Customer: what information?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dermatologist before I connect you two?
Customer: i dont think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dermatologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience? Here are the site's instructions if you need help doing that:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The white spots around the bottom of the head are not what I am asking about, they are glands that I have had my whole life, the are some red spots on the top of the head, a red line running just below the head that's quite painful and a small white looking spot on the the side of the penis
Thanks for the pictures which are most suggestive of irritated oil/ sebaceous glands. You might even get more of these in future, but these are very common on the genital area and are completely harmless. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. You can leave them alone if they are not bothering you. They usually resolve on their own.If you want to get rid of them sooner, one can try 1% cortisone cream, mixed in equal amounts with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream twice a day for 4 weeks. That should help. If recurrent lesions are a problem, I usually prescribe accutane 20mg once daily taken for 2-3 months, which should clear them up.Do not worry. This is not an STD.Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes.