Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

I have what appears to be a wart on my face. I am concerned

Customer Question

I have what appears to be a wart on my face. I am concerned it might be Basal Cell. It doesn't not hurt, itch or bleed.
28yo male
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience? Here are the site's instructions if you need help doing that: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Thanks. This is slightly out of focus. Can you try taking the picture again in brighter lighting please? How long have you had it for? Is it getting bigger? Any history of skin cancer or excessive sun exposure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure how long I have had it. I have a beard and noticed it yesterday when I trimmed. I do get some sun exposure, but not excessive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, no history of skin cancer
Ok. Thanks. This looks like a early seborrhoeic keratosis. This is a benign growth of the skin for which no treatment is required, unless symptomatic. You can read all about the condition and treatment options here: http://dermnetnz.org/lesions/seborrhoeic-keratosis.html. Do not worry, this is not cancerous. The only other possibility is that this is a warty mole. In any case no treatment is needed. Just keep an eye out for any change. If there is no change, it would be best to leave it alone. Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Please do not hesitate to ask. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Most welcome :)