DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.

My 3 year old daughter has a rash on her face that we have

Customer Question

My 3 year old daughter has a rash on her face that we have been treating with prescription ointments for the past three weeks that has now spread to her fingers. It looks very read and almost like a burn now. She also has says it is itchy. The doctor thought it was a yeast infection and has tried both a steroid cream and then a fungal/antibiotic cream. We have tried switching her to all dye and sent free soaps and shampoos but this rash is getting larger and spreading. The largest patch is on her lower cheek on her face.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloPlease attach a picture here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if this attached correctly
This is either eczema or , more importantly, ringworm that is not controlled and spreading.This needs a sample sent to the lab immediately.An anti fungal specific to ringworm is likely needed.If it comes back eczema, then a stronger steroid cream. I would not assume this to be the case, however, it is very possible.The spreading aspect indicated infection. Not yeast. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you!!
anytimeany questions.Please do NOT forget a positive rating, or I don't get paid.Find me anytime