Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I know this is long but please read carefully and answer. I

Customer Question

I know this is long but please read carefully and answer. I am WORRIED SICK.
About a year ago I had a negative reaction on my penis after a sexual encounter. I received oral sex without a condom and due to vigorous hand stimulation and tooth scraping, my penis had several red bumps and swelling. The skin on the head of my penis peeled a few days later. The area was itchy and painful so I was cornered it may be herpes due to other symptoms. (Sick the next day, itching, tingles, and red bumps). The bumps did not turn into fluid filled or burst. I went to the STD clinic where they said it looked more like a candidiasis, but that didn’t make sense as I had no discharge. I went to a urologist who “wasn’t sure” but gathered it didn’t look like herpes. After the initial bumps and swelling went away I saw a dermatologist who said it could be balanitis. I also had a chaff where the leg meets the pelvis on both sides, where it was actually open skin but I don’t know if this is related or not.
For several months after it was painful (in the skin) to masturbate and it would cause chafing. This never happened in over 30 years. The head of my penis would regularly have dry flakey skin. I noticed different discoloration in the head. The base and tip didn't match: one was darker and one looked very much like light, new skin. Dermatologist said “skin changes color over time” but this wasn’t gradual, this was sudden after the sexual incident. She also said the dry skin and pain was the result “of some sort of trauma to the skin” and would go away in a few weeks with lotion.
I did follow the instructions with the lotion and while it never fully went away, it did improve slightly, to the point where the penis could handle masturbation without pain and no chaffing but still dry skin. After masturbating the head of the penis usually is red and the bottom almost looks like new skin.
I also noticed that since the original incident, my penis no longer hangs like it used to. It is pulled in tightly most of the time, aka “turtle dick” and very tense. I thought this may be the result of the “injury” when it first started, but it has been a year. I
Then about two weeks ago, I had an intense itching in that corner of my left leg meeting my pelvis. I noticed the chaffing was back on both sides and there was a slight rash on my left side of the scrotum, which only lasted a day. I have been having testicle pain as well (no swelling and no discharge). It is sensitive to the touch. I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound of my testicles, and said there were no cysts or torsion, but did not offer an explanation. I have also been feeling very tired, fatigued and had a bad bout with vertigo. (I have had vertigo before, but only after the first incident, but it was months after). I do have an appointment with a urologist but not for another month.
Most troubling of all, which I definitely noticed the past few weeks is that my penis size has shrunk, drastically. As I stated, while flacid, it is about 1 inch most of the time due to being tightly coiled back into a “turtle head”. Most troubling is the fact that erect, I have lost at least 2 inches in length and about 1/2 to 3/4 in girth.
Is this a normal reaction to any STD, balanitis, or candidiasis? I never treated the original condition with any antibiotics or anti fungals as I never really seemed to get a confident diagnosis or prescription. What could be causing my penis to shrink? Low testosterone? Poor circulation? STDs? Is it fixable????
I am really just worried sick about this. Everything I read indicates STDs cannot shrink penis size, so I am wondering if untreated fungals or infection could? Or is it something unrelated? Please help. If I permanently lose 2 inches from my penis I am not sure what will happen. I can’t wait a month for an answer. Even a brainstorm of possibilities would help me.
Thanks for your help!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 7 months ago.
Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to
provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?
You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link
Other method of uploading photo or a file is:
1.Click the paperclip icon
2.Click the Browse icon
3.Click the Browse button
4.Select your file and click Open
5.Click OK
6.Click Insert
7.Click Save Changes on this page
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not
substitute a Doctor ­ Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The photo with the arrows is from a year ago (original condition) of the penis.The second photo with arrows was from a year ago and of the buttocks when 3 pimples appeared shortly after the original exposure.The one photo with the rash is from two weeks ago it has since went away.Can send more photos if needed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Going to answer?
Thank you for your query. I would like some more information :Do you have history of Diabetes ?The skin lesions do look like Candidal folliculitis and is not related to the shrinking of the penis.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No diabetes.So....that's the complete answer?
No , that is is not the complete answer.
Have you tried treating the area with anti fungals to get rid of it presently ?
You did mention that you did not try anything till date.
There is no harm is trying anti fungal creams over the area. There is no sign of STD FOR sure. I am 100 percent sure.Do you any features of low testosterone like less hair in beard area or under arm area ?