Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

Random red bruise on leg don't remember injury or bumps what

Customer Question

Random red bruise on leg don't remember injury or bumps what is this and why
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Can you send a picture?Is there any warmth or swelling there?Any pain ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No pain no swelling no warmth
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for the quick reply. There can be various reasons of unexplained bruise on leg:As this bruise has happened for the first time,so an unknown minor injury seems to be the most probable cause. Since bruises often take a few days to appear, it can be easy to forget a minor incident that might have caused it. Other common causes of such bruise are:deficiencies in vitamins B12, C, K and folic acid can result in tissue or blood vessel weakness resulting in easy bruising,diabetes,side affect of certain medication,liver diseases like cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, platelet disorders. You need to Ice the area on and off. Put ice in a plastic bag, wrap the bag in a towel.Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Wrap the ice pack in a towel.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore limits bleeding into the skin and reduces the size of the bruise. So as this bruise has happened for the first time,I advise you to wait & watch.Just keep en eye of observation. Only if you get frequent/repeated bruises (without any injury),then there is need to make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests done to see if there is any underlying cause. So as of now you just need to watch your symptoms & apply ice as explained above. Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The bruise is slightly raised nd slightly sore when pressed on
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back. Okay.there is nothing to worry.Even though your bruise is is slightly raised and slightly sore when pressed on,this is not of concern.Despite how they feel,bruises are not typically cause for concern.They will get resolve by itself within few days. Often minor injuries can result in bruising.It may take a few days for the blood to rise to the skin surface and this often causes concern about what was the actual cause. Zinc and folic acid or vitamin C supplements also help greatly in resolving it quickly. They are available as supplements as OTC without prescription. Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can shaving cause bruising as I shaved the legs on sunday
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for replying back. Yes,definately shaving can cause mild injury & this can cause the bruise.As I said above that minor injury seems to be the most probable cause. Since bruises often take a few days to appear, it seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms. There is nothing to worry.You need to Ice the area on and off as explained above.The cold reduces the blood flow to the area and therefore limits bleeding into the skin and reduces the size of the bruise. Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh