dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I recently noticed a pimple near the top of the front of my

Customer Question

I recently noticed a pimple near the top of the front of my thigh. I usually don't get them there and this one is tender to just light touch which usually isn't the case no matter where I get a pimple which doesn't happen often so have attached a pic of it and would like your opinion on it? No other health issues except Eczema usually just on my hands and feet.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 9 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:Do you have history of Diabetes ? Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No but my Dad is diabetic. When I was tested several years ago I was borderline diabetic and notice if I eat to much sugar over a few days I start developing some diabetic symptoms which go away when I eat better.
Thank you very much for all the information provided. This is a very classic case of bacterial folliculitis commonly seen in patients with sugar or metabolic abnormalities. This is not a major sign of anything serious. I would recommend you to get it treated with topical cream like Mupirocin ointment twice a day on the area for 20 days. You can also clean the area with Cetaphil Soapex soap bar to keep the area bacteria free.Please do let me know if you have any further queries.