dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I'm worried I've ruined my skin. As stupid as it sounds I never

Customer Question

I'm worried I've ruined my skin. As stupid as it sounds I never knew going to bed without washing your face was as bad for your skin as it is, so I've been sleeping in my makeup everynight for 12 years. It was only after I started noticing dramatic sagging of the skin on my face developing in the last 6 months that I began to research what might be causing it. I just turned 30 but I've started to look 10 years older in the last year, I can't believe how quickly it's happened. I don't go out in the sun much and wear sunscreen everyday, but I haven't done much else to care for my skin in my life. Now I'm in full panic mode doing everything I can to repair the damage but is that even possible? Can you repair sagging skin in any way other than professional treatments?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience? Here are the site's instructions if you need help doing that: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here is a photo.
Thank you. I am afraid I see nothing wrong with your skin. You look perfectly fine. Has anyone else commented that your skin is sagging or is it just your perception?