dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I've been diagnosed with Spongiform Dermatitis. I'm a ship's

Customer Question

I've been diagnosed with Spongiform Dermatitis. I'm a ship's engineer, and am heading back out to sea for a month. The last time I was out, my issue led to a massive staph infection, I had to leave the ship. I'm trying to figure out what it is that I'm allergic to. I'm seeing worsening indications both at home, and at work. Changed laundry detergent, changed soap, eat a healthy diet and am avoiding gluten. I know that I've develpoed a sensitivity to diesel fuel over the years.
Thoughts?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have been prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide, and Clobetasol Propionate. Also have Methylprednisone for emergency. Have used that once to good effect however, symptoms returned within 2 days of completing course.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience? Here are the site's instructions if you need help doing that: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0