Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

Should I take any Sun Protective measures? If so what?

Customer Question

Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some sunscreen at home I am attaching a few pictures for you to see. Can you make sure they are good. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. . All these sunscreens are good. In fact any sunscreen with an SpF of 30+ if fine. :)Hope that helps. Do get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Please do not hesitate to ask.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much Sunscreen should I use? And I feel it is bad for my lungs sometimes. Should I use it daily?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also get embarrassed to use them in front of other people. Any advice?
I just feel weird doing it so I put it on when I am alone. But when I am with others I just embrace the sun. I know thats bad to do but I am just so self conscious, even if others are doing it.
Sunscreen is not bad for your lungs or any other body part! Please use it daily. Apply it liberally to cover all sun exposed areas, as a thin layer, and keep reapplying it every 2 hours when out in the sun. Do not feel embarrassed. This is what everyone should be doing! It is better to be embarrassed while using a sunscreen, then be embarrassed if you can skin cancer later!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I am very uncomfortable doing that. From the smell to the look of it. Is there such thing as using too much? And how do I get a nice dark tan if I am using SunScreen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a numbing substance like a cream I can use?
Or shot? Preferably cream or gel
Sorry what do you mean by a numbing substance. Is there any pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not for the penis. I just want to know about a numbing cream I can use for areas that get temporary pain. I play sports and get injured frequently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I do regarding my self cautiousness.
ok. You can use any sports gel/ spray containing diclofenac for sports related injuries. With regards ***** ***** self consciousness, not much one can do apart from maybe visiting a psychotherapist for counselling? That should surely help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What cream/gel is there to numb parts of my body?
And I surely don't feel comfortable going to a psychotherapist.
ok. I am afraid there is no other option to manage self consciousness :(Try http://www.amazon.in/150-ML-Mentholatum-Instant-Strain/dp/B00I6BAVJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460276464&sr=8-1&keywords=pain+relief+spray
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the cream for numbing my skin? And will it numb it completely and if so how long?
The cream above. It will numb the pain if you have pain, for 20-30 mins. Relieves acute muscle/ bone pain caused by sports injuries. There is no cream to numb the skin completely!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't use amazon.
ok. Try Lanacane First Aid Spray, Antiseptic & Pain Relief Spray, in your local pharmacy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks weird/ odd is there anything that doesn't look like it's for insects? Is there a cream?
I am afraid not!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you every used this? Is there another type of spray bottle?
Yes I have. There are other similar brands available. Please ask in your local chemists. They will be best to advise you of alternative packagings