Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I had one shave biopsy and also one scrape biopsy today on

Customer Question

I had one shave biopsy and also one scrape biopsy today on two different spots on my forehead. I can't remember how long to keep the original bandage on before cleaning the site and changing the dressing. What would you recommend? Thank you for your help.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. When was the biopsy done. If it as just a shave/ scraping that was done, no dressing is needed. Just apply antibiotic ointment (fucidin or neosporin) 3-4 times a day on the spots. Nothing else is needed. Best to let the areas air.Hope that helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Please do not hesitate to ask.Best wishes.