Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

I have a new spot on my neck that is beginning to worry

Customer Question

Hi, I have a new spot on my neck that is beginning to worry me. I also have a new small mole that's appeared on my palm.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pics
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction.
All these moles look fine. What worries you? Are they changing? Any history of skin cancer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What worries me - they both appeared in the last 6 months or so. I'm 43. Both seem to be getting bigger. Not much history, though my Dad is 75, lives in Florida, and has to go get some moles removed pretty consistently. Not sure what kind that is . . .
ok. New moles may arise until the age of 60. That is not necessarily a worrying sign, unless the moles show one of the ABCDE signs as discussed here: http://www.bad.org.uk/for-the-public/skin-cancer/melanoma-leaflets/abcd-easy-guide-to-checking-your-moles. Your moles all look benign. Not to worry. Hope that helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Please do not hesitate to ask.Best wishes.