Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I just noticed, a lump on my lower back left side, about 3

Customer Question

I just noticed, a lump on my lower back left side, about 3 inches from my spine, and just below my ribs
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: It kind of feels like a small knot, but don't think there is muscle in that spot
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: It's not very painful, but it feels deep
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Is it soft and boggy to touch?Can you post a picture?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, it's under the skin,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
And a dull radiating pain in that area
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the reply.If it is soft to touch then it can be a lipoma, a collection fat that is benign and can be taken out by surgery as a day case under local anesthesia.Having said that, lumps and bumps are clinical diagnosis. If there is no tenderness, redness and if it is not hot to touch, then it is not anything to have seen at the ER or the Urgent Care.I would suggest that you have this seen by your physician for a physical examination and an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.