dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a rash that has broken out on my face. I have not

Customer Question

I have a rash that has broken out on my face. I have not changed my diet or any habits but have been under a lot of stress. Can you tell me what this could be and what if any treatment is needed?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 8 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
http://s1378.photobucket.com/upload
Hello Sorry for the delay . I need more information on your condition:Does it increase after sunexposure?Do you have this rash anywhere else on the body ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Haven't noticed if it increases after sun exposure. No other rashes but have been under a lot of stress lately. Not much sun this time of year where I live.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do drink wine but have not had any reaction over the years.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much for your reply. This is not any reaction or sensitivity. This is stress induced rosacea. This condition is not usually associated with itching.It is a benign condition and will not spread all over the body. The redness can increase with alcohol intake, heavy exercise and using toners on the skin. You can treat it with over the counter Cetaphil cleansing lotion and use of Aveeno skin relief lotion once at night daily for 3 weeks. Do not use any harsh face washes or creams on the face. Do not use bleach on the face. Please do let me know if you have any further queries.